Friday, June 7, 2024

Why is it so bad?

 I recently talked to a friend of mine I haven't spoken to in a while. I haven't been one to reach out to anyone in months. I don't even leave my house unless I have to. When I do, I am not out for long.  My friend offered to meet for dinner that night, the offer was nice, however we declined. When I told my friend that I haven't been out of the house, nor really talked to anyone in months, he replied, that's not good.  I don't know what he is really meaning by that, I have found that is has been quite peaceful.

The more I have stayed in my home, with my love, and our menagerie of animals, the quieter and more peaceful my life and mind has been. I am not carrying the weight of other people's worries. I am not hearing the gossip and drama, of others, nor am I being involved in the continuance of it. I am not being looked at to fix things that are not up to me to fix. I am not putting others above myself.  

I can worry about me and what is important to me. I can watch documentaries all day with my love, I can spend all day cuddling in bed with my dog, I can spend the day on any of my numerous hobbies and activities I enjoy doing. 

I am spending more time caring for our home, myself and my relationship. Living a quiet peaceful and more private life. How is that bad? 

No comments:

Post a Comment