Wednesday, May 29, 2024

Put your EYES on your friends that struggle.

This morning, I was cruising the Spacebook as I usually do, and saw a post a friend had posted. In the post, a picture of a sink loaded with dirty dishes are seen, counter tops need to be cleaned, and I am sure trash needs to be taken out along with a lot of other household chores. My friend captioned the post saying Her dishes because clearly, she needs help and I'm already wishing she would've asked me for it.    It made me look at the stack of dishes I have that need done. Almost every plate we own is dirty, a lot of silver wear, and random pots and pans. It made me think of the handful plus of dog hair that was raked off the living room floor yesterday, and the stack of dirty laundry in our bathroom, along with the numerous other household chores that are behind. I commented to her post with Would you like to see my kitchen?  


Sometimes we have to listen closer to our friends we know struggle. As that friend, it's so hard to say... I need help. It makes us feel even worse than we do already. Yet, the mountain of laundry is overwhelming to just look at, let alone say. Well, let me at least get it washed and dried. Fold and put away can happen later. Again, overwhelming, it's a horrible cycle that we want to stop. But can't. We use all the energy we have to wake up and get out of bed, put real clothes on and do the minimum we have to for that day. Some can't even muster the energy for the minimum. 


This is a face of depression that is not seen unless you put your EYES on your friends that you know struggle through life. A text, a social media comment. or message is great, but a lot of things can be hidden in words. It's said that it takes a village to raise a child. Yet so many adults need that village too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment