Saturday, May 25, 2024

A view of my depression..

It's been about 2 weeks since I've washed my hair. Probably been about that long since I have run a brush through it. I don't have the type of hair that gets super oily easily. So, I can get away with not washing my hair probably longer than most can it's a bonus for my depression.  Maybe about halfway through that 2-week timeframe, this board straight bleach blonde hair of mine was just bothering me. Brushing my neck, tickling my ear, giving me the feeling that something was crawling on me. So up into a bun it went. I don't wear my hair up often, ok I can rephrase that to almost never, if my hair is up, it's probably mid-July or August and I am just so stinking hot I can't stand it anymore. that's usually the only time I wear it up. After about a week, it's a semi tangled mess, but I do enjoy the volume it gives unbrushed, and the texture of the tangles helps to hold an updo. I usually don't roll it to tight, nor do I sinch it to my head tight. Just a twist of a hair tie, enough to keep it up, in some kind of control, contained and out of the way. After sleeping in it all night, my hair is still in place, in a loose neat bun at the nape of my neck, a few long strands of hair have come loose that are delicately tucked back in as not to disturb the rest, and believe it or not, I think it looks nice. 


Judge me if you want to, I don't mind. this is a view of my depression. I want it seen. I want it known. I want you to know it because I know it all too well. I want others who also know it well to know that they are not the only ones. I want them to know that there is someone else out there that is just like them. that do the same things they do, that struggle with the simplest of daily task. I need to know I am not the only one, and I am not alone and neither are you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment